Are you brand new to spinning or is it your first class at Bateman's Spin Shack? Here are the types of spin classes we offer and the words we use to describe our workouts when we lead classes:
High Intensity Spin: High speed workout with shorter, harder efforts help you ride faster
Endurance Spin: Longer, less intense efforts help you ride longer
Skills & Core: Improve skills and efficiency on the bike & strengthen your core off the bike
Intervals: An intense type of workout excellent for building strength, where you go hard for a set distance,pedal easily to recover, and repeat your efforts a number of times.
Cadence: The average rate that you pedal when riding. Count the revolutions of one pedal over a set time or use a cadence meter.
Rate of Percieved Exertion: A scale of 1 to 10 - 1 being extremely easy, 10 being an effort you can hold no longer than 30 seconds.
Zones (1 to 5): A measure of intensity level as follows:
Zone 1: Very easy pace - used to recover between intervals so you can go hard again
Zone 2: Endurance pace - still rather easy, but just enough to raise your heart rate and break a sweat
Zone 3: A "Tempo" pace you can sustain for over an hour but requires a good effort
Zone 4: "Steady State" or "Threshold" - A pace that is difficult to hold for 30-60 minutes, but possible
Zone 5: Climbing pace, power intervals - A pace you can hold for 1-10 minutes
Zone 5+: All out sprints - Pushing hard on the pedals while keeping a fast spin - a pace you can hold for no longer than 30 seconds
Spin-ups: Short, high cadence intervals. The goal is raise your highest, optimal cadence by learning to pedal smoothly.
Single leg drills: Unclip one foot and rest it next to the bike so you are left to pedal with only one leg. With the bike in an easy gear turn the crank at a comfortable cadence. Focus on smoothing the transition at the 12 o'clock position of the pedal stroke.
Time Trial: An interval performed at a hard, steady pace.
Sprint: An all-out sharp burst of speed, normally no longer than 15 seconds.
Attack: An accelleration or surge of speed over a given period of time, normally 10-60 seconds.
Climb: A low cadence, high power interval, normally 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
Pull: A high intensity interval with attacks, normally 1-5 minutes.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. When making a reservation at SPIN SHACK, you must create a profile on-line in order to buy individual rides, class packs or monthly and seasonal passes. SPIN SHACK values your privacy and will never share telephone numbers, email addresses, or personal data with third parties.
2. To create your profile on line, please follow the steps below:
3. Single classes, class packs and monthly and seasonal passes purchased between October 1st, 2018 and March 31st, 2019 expire on April 1st, 2019 and are not eligible to be shared or transferred. We accept payments via Paypal with Visa, MasterCard or debit. Cash payments may only be made in person at SPIN SHACK or BATEMAN'S BICYCLE COMPANY.
4. Classes can be reserved online up to 10 days in advance and continue on a rolling day cycle.
6. Class instructors are subject to change.
7. Cancellation Policy - Your reservation must be canceled through the online system, by phone or by sending an email to email@example.com at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled class time. If you do not cancel within this time period, a ride will be deducted from your package.
8. All class packages are non-refundable.
SPIN SHACK reserves the right to refuse service and terminate memberships at its sole discretion.
SPIN SHACK spin class schedule is subject to change without notice.